Saturday, March 13, 2010

Singapore for a week

Well it's been a wet few days up here and as I sit here at my desk typing this on Sunday morning it's raining hard. A kookaburra looks remarkably undrenched sitting on a post along our driveway and the wallabies are grazing quietly. It was wet enough and cool enough (well we pretended it was cool enough) for the slow cooker to be turned on yesterday and I cooked lamb shanks for dinner which turned out to be rather delectable. Steve made his Armenian nutmeg cake which rounded the whole meal off quite well. Glen came over for the night which began with a good soak in the spa with some bubbly and ended with watching Misery on dvd. Well really ended this morning with scrambled eggs on toast before Glen then went to work.
I've been busy working on my reptile park book manuscript - the very last chapter indeed - which I was hoping to have completed by today but that's not going to happen. Never mind, we are almost there now and we will have the finished ms. to the publishers by early April.
Probably won't be much action on the blog now for a week or so, because I fly down to Sydney this afternoon and then on to Singapore tomorrow for week for work. I can't wait to hit the tropics!

1 comment:

Louise said...

Have a fabulous time, and take copious notes for me- I'll be there in June