Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pea and Ham soup

Hadn't ever made pea and ham soup before so I thought it was time I did so. Yesterday. Saturday. Bought all the ingredients in Kyogle yesterday morning, then prepped the veges, bunged all the ingredients in the slow cooker and waited for 8 hours.
And although I think the previous pic has greater aesthetic value, the resulting soup was delicious. We enjoyed the soup with yummy olive sourdough bread made by Esther in Kyogle. It still hasn't been cold enough at night to warrant any heating, but the soup did it's job of warming us up nicely. Now speaking of soups, my wonderful friend, and blogger, Louise, who invariably makes a comment on my postings each week, has her a blog dedicated to soup. I'm sure she wouldn't mind me putting the address here....it's a fabulous read, full of yummy recipes...
http://soupsoupglorioussoup.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Louise said...

Your first soup post! I'm proud as punch. And very excited to have you mention my little soup blog- I didn't even know that you knew about it! I didn't make any soup this weekend, it feels a bit weird. I like pea and ham soup, and yours looks lovely, but it's not one that I make all that often. I think I've decided I like normal pea soup more than dried pea soup.

Mutterings from Maryville said...

hehehe, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, I discovered your soup blog a few weeks ago and love it...I shall be making some of your recipes over the coming winter.