Saturday, August 3, 2013

Lovely Larnook weekend

After my gallavanting in the Top End last week, it was very nice to have a weekend here at Larnook, which I spent, in part, by beginning to get the place looking at its best for spring. I started this process by mowing the lower paddock yesterday and then mowing around the house today. Roger busted a special springie-thing just as I was finishing the mowing around the house so he won't be doing anything until we get that replaced. Beautiful late winter (really early spring) weather here, completely sunny days, low 20s temps. Very nice.
Steve has, of course, been totally occupied by his costumes...he took last week off on long service leave and has added another three days this week....he literally works 12-15 hour days, breaking only for lunch and dinner. I am heading to Newcastle at the end of the week to go to the Uni of Newcastle's bookfair on Saturday, so I'll pile the car with another load of costumes and take these down for him.  He will still be working on them for another two weeks so not sure how he proposes to get the rest down.
Julia (and Bluey) and Glen came over for drinks in the spa, dinner and a movie/sleep over last night, which was lots of relaxed fun. I did my Thai beef salad and Sara Lee herself provided desert.
And today I liberated my three western blue tongues into their section of the Lizard Palace. We are going to have a stretch of mild, sunny weather so I figured they can make the transition to their final living quarters sooner rather than later. I'm anticipating moving the four Tasmanian blotched blue tongues into the remaining section of Lizard Palace by October. By that stage they will be more than 20cm long so they'll be able to cope with the larger enclosure by then.

No comments: