Saturday, January 9, 2016

PNG

OK, so I've been a tad inactive on the blog this past year. But I promise things will be different in the coming year as I will be based at the Institute of Business Studies in Port Moresby, PNG. I had been planning to fly out on Tuesday but the visa which I thought had been issued and was just waiting for me to pick up at the PNG Consulate in Brisbane, hadn't actually been issued at all. However, it should be processed and stuck in my passport which I couriered up to Brisbane last Friday with various documents proclaiming I have no police record, I don't have HIV or TB along with other docs, sometime this coming week. At this stage I'm hoping to fly up in about ten days or so.

I will be seconded to IBS and my role is Academic Director, largely overseeing the delivery and examination of two SCU degrees. My role also has capacity building and mentoring aspects to it, and I'm looking forward to a somewhat different role this coming year. Of course I'm also hoping to be able to spend some time exploring this amazing country and seeing some of its extraordinary wildlife. So buckle your seat belts - 2016 could be an adventurous ride!

2 comments:

. said...

I did some of my growing up in what was then TPNG so know from experience you are going to enjoy the wildlife. Post lots, and if you visit Lae sometime give it my love.

Jeni
Northern Rivers Dreaming

Leopold Huber said...

H!

If you are looking for people to do some of the daily tasks, then please consider posting about it on Hippohelp.com

It's a platform connecting travellers with hosts all over the globe. We've got travellers on the platform but need more hosts to make it work.

There are no costs involved, and you can use Facebook to log in :).

Also, if you have any questions on how to use it, or any feedback on how to make it better, please let me know!

Best wishes,
Leopold Huber
Creator of Hippohelp.com