Monday, July 18, 2011

Bookshelves installed

I was fantasising a few blogs ago about wall-length, floor-to-ceiling bookcases and here they are newly installed in the study. They are courtesy of Ikea (the Billy range) and we hired a trailer and collected them from the Ikea Store about 20 minutes south of Brisbane a few weeks ago.
They make all the difference - the room really looks like a serious study now and seeing all my books together like this looks, well really nice. We still have to put one more layer of units on the top which will provide another 14 shelves of space which should provide me with enough capacity I think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really nice bookshelves ! It looks good !! I hope you're fine ! Fabien.

Mutterings from Maryville said...

Heya Butch,
really glad to know you are still keeping an eye on the blog. Glad you like the bookshelves, mate....and thanks for all your work in cataloguing so many of the books. We are both well, though I've had a cold for the past two weeks and I think Steve has now picked it up. Otherwise all good. How are things with you?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to here you're fine ! I'm ok, the weather is not that good in France but it's ok ! I'm still looking for a job but it's summer so it's quiet. It's Australia day in France as the winner of Tour de France is Australian ! Good luck for the cold ! Fabien
ps: I know who is KD Lang now, I've seen her on tv !

micha said...

Great book shelves! My dream! But we neither have the space, nor do we have IKEA here. Which makes my IKEA furniture very unique and special here. But I am craving for more, haha!