Thursday, March 12, 2009

AWOL in Singapore

Surely, leafy sea dragons must be the drag queens of marinelife? This one was being flamboyant at Underwater World, at Sentosa Island, Singapore's playtime park. I spent from 6th to 12th in Singapore on a work trip with two colleagues. We spent Saturday and Sunday at a huge careers and education expo at Suntec, the huge convention centre in Singapore, before visiting two of our partner institutions, MDIS (Management Development Institute of Singapore) and....
Tourism Management Institute of Singapore. I also took the opportunity to visit Singapore's Night Safari


where I saw Asian rhino, blue sheep and jaguars and leopards. The trip begain last Friday evening when we attended a ceremony to confer a national award on the TMIS which was held at Hort Park, a new amazing park in the centre of Singapore's CBD...so green, so beautiful, so Singapore...


Speaking of things botanical, I also managed a quick visit to the Botanic Gardens and the National Orchid Garden..again brilliant! This trip was my first to Singapore in about a decade and its rekindled my love of the place. Steve and I will be making a visit sometime soonish!







No comments: