Tuesday, March 31, 2009

OH MY GOD!!!


Imagine the surprise when I went out to feed the girls their pellets this morning and found a fricking tasmanian devil sniffing around the chookery!!! I luckily managed to see it from about 10 metres away and at first thought it was a dark coloured spotted quoll (or tiger cat) so raced back and got the camera. When I got back that it was then that I realised it was no quoll, but a tasmanian devil. WHAT THE???? Amyway, I managed to take a couple of pics (several of which I've sent to the Australian Museum) before it gallopped off down the hill towards the creek. It's obviously a captive animal that has escaped, but from who and where, who knows. Tasmanian Devils did occur on the mainland right up until European settlement so maybe there is a wild remnant population that still exists right here at Larnook. And to think I managed to see one on the very first day of April.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Is that an April Fools?

Mutterings from Maryville said...

hehehe what do you think my boy....