Tuesday, February 23, 2010

One Perfect (Tues)Day

This morning I set off around 9am to go to David Fleay's Wildlife Park at West Burleigh on the Gold Coast, where I was to meet with the GM and their education person. But first task was to take our Help_Xer, Vivien, to his new host, up in the foothills of the stunning Mt Burrell, which is about 15 mins from our place off the road to Uki. Mt Burrell is the flattened 'mountain' on the right, while in the centre is Sphynx Rock, which gives its name to a funky little cafe a little further along the Murwillumbah Road. Anyway, the property was stunning and I'm sure Vivien will enjoy himself there - just hope the internet connection is OK.
From Murwillumbah I decided to be adventurous and take Brisbane Street which is the back way to the Gold Coast, and in particular Currumbin and Tallebudgera valleys. This road and the views from it, were just spectacular and I'll definitely be exploring this area again - both day and night, because I've been told that it's an excellent road for seeing various snakes at night.
I made it to Fleay's at 9.30 (QLD time) where I wandered around making my observations for an hour or so before then meeting with Sue the GM and their marketing/education officer, to talk about ways of enhancing their offer. They seemed to like my ideas. Stayed there till about 1.15 and then headed home, driving towards Wollumbin for about half of the trip. Driving around the rim of the giant crater and then descending down into it from our place is just a stunning thing to do. We are so lucky to be living in this magical place. Oh and then when the shadows began to cast their cool darkness on the ground it was time to mow - again!

No comments: