Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rainy days and Mondays...

well they always got Karen Carpenter down (but so did a three course meal), but not necessarily me, especially as I got to stay at home and work, rather than going into the office. Which is what I did today. Largely because I needed to drive a friend of ours from Melbourne who had stayed with us over the weekend, back to Coolangatta. So, three hours of my day was on the road (again - [I'm being very lyrical this afternoon]) and the rest was taken up with working. And watching the wallabies nibble selected blades of grass in the drizzle/rain. They must have very water resistant fur because they seem to love to graze when its wet. For the precipitation-tragics amongst you we've had 8mm since 7am and it looks like we are going to cop this steady rain/drizzle for the next few days. Good sleeping in weather but alas, we will both be up at 6.15am like usual tomorrow - it's very dark up here at that time, especially on cloudy mornings. In fact, the end of March, just prior to the ending of daylight savings, is probably darker than mid winter. Anyway, I'm rambling on a tad, so I'll end now.

2 comments:

Louise said...

You made me laugh out loud with your Karen Carpenter comments. I had a bit of a rainy day and Monday day too..... though it's not actually rainy here. Maybe I had more of a Boomtown Rats I Don't Like Mondays kind of Monday come to think of it.

Mutterings from Maryville said...

agh yes a Boomtown Rats Monday is a very different kettle of fish don't you think, to a Rainy Days and Mondays....the latter is very victim oriented, the former, empowered! Hope all is fine in Orange dear