Thursday, August 19, 2010

Meet Tomas

Tomas is our current Help_Xer from Madrid. However, I am pleased to say that he bears absolutely no similarity with Manuel from Faulty Towers. Indeed, we continue to be blessed (can I say that as a non-believer?) with wonderful people who choose to spend some time with us. Tomas is wonderful.
He loves that we have a baby grand piano,which he plays most days, though he still hasn't given us a recital, and he also plays guitar, which he carries with him on his travels with his backpack. He doesn't have a laptop and nor does he use facebook or msn. Such an old fashioned backpacker!
He works pretty much all day, broken up with piano playing, and he's developed a very strong relationship with our girls, one of whom, as he demonstrated to me this afternoon, will actually jump/fly up and perch on his forearm while he hand feeds her! I am hopeful I can visually capture this unique moment before Thomas sadly leaves us on Monday. He has also been a most willing body for me to practce my massage, crucial since I have to accrue 30 hours of massage before mid-September.

No comments: