Sunday, November 7, 2010

A green tree snake comes a'lookin'

After we came back from having lunch yesterday and just about to start back working on the retaining wall, I noticed we were not alone. We had a visitor. In the shape of a green tree snake. How lovely. I had seen a sloughed skin of such a snake hanging from the roof of our entry area two years ago, but hadn't sighted the real McCoy. Till Saturday.
It was reasonably OK with me holding it, though snapped a little bit. I held it just so I could remove a couple of large ticks from it and I then released it in amongst the hydrangeas which are looking very lush at the moment.
It seemed to like where I released it because it spent much of today sunning itself on top of the hydrangea leaves exactly where I had released it yesterday.

No comments: