Sunday, December 12, 2010

Taylor the Python Wrangler

Last Wednesday afternoon I rescued a lovely carpet python from possible death by gently persuading it to leave the Rock Valley Road and head back into the bush on the other side. Then, when we got home, Taylor and I were feeding the boys their afternoon treat when Taylor spotted another carpet python literally a metre from us. It was rather calm and quiet and allowed us to pick it up and I took a few shots for Taylor. However, the python in these shots will be well known to regular readers of the blog: Kimba the woma.
Taylor quite likes being Kimba's nanny and takes him out for some sunshine (on the rare occasions we are getting sunshine at present)..Kimba has grown quite a bit from the 40cm hatchling he was when I first got him three years ago. He fed on a rat a few nights ago and I suspect he'll eat another tomorrow evening.

No comments: