Saturday, December 10, 2011

some more vegies and hydrangeas

Our hydrangeas are exploding into mauves and blues at the moment and they are looking better than they ever have (a result I think of good fertilizing just before the rains hit 6-8 weeks ago). Unfortunately, the pics don't do justice to the intensity of the colour of these flowers but I'm sure you get the idea.
They have grown so well that they have almost reached the height of the guttering. We'll let them keep growing and flowering but will then trim them right back at the end of summer.
And, as I show in the post below, we've got lots of vegies happening now. These are cucumber....
and these are the vege gardens we built a couple of months ago, bursting with various heirloom variety tomatoes, okra, basil, eggplant, chard, lettuce and other goodies

4 comments:

Alex said...

Looks great !

Mutterings from Maryville said...

thanks matey....how are you going?

Louise said...

I love your wall of hydrangeas! It looks fabulous. (as does the vegie garden). I guess you're not worried about snakes hiding in the hydrangeas? I know I would be, especially finding dead brown snakes very close by.

Mutterings from Maryville said...

yes, they are beautiful, Louise....they are looking better than they ever have

and no, the only snakes we see in them is the occasional green tree snake...which only adds to the aesthetic