Sunday, July 8, 2012

Archive Books, Brisbane


We headed up to Brisbane last Saturday to see Hairspray the musical (Harvest Rain is the company that produced it and it was brilliant). Anyway, Glen had organised a two bedroom apartment in the city and while we waited on his arrival, Steve and I did a bit of shopping. Steve then ventured into JB HighFi, while I made my way to my favourite bookshop in Brisbane, Archives Fine Books 'One Million Books on Every Topic'. Now, I don't think they mean that literally, otherwise they would have a staggering number of books, but they possibly do come close to a million books on lots of topics.
As many of you know, I'm a bit of a bibliophile and have a number of types of books that I collect including: books on Papua New Guinea; natural history books; the books of Gerald Durrell; and marriage guidance books published up until the early 60s. I love this place. I never know what I will find.

No comments: