Sunday, October 14, 2012

Wet

 I started seeing a storm front developing about 4ish and was hoping that the clouds would open up and unleash a torrent of rain. I heard, for the first time this season, a couple of channel billed cuckoos (also called rainbirds), so I was hoping that was a good sign as well.
And even though the sky started looking tremendously stormy, the clouds headed east and that was that. Or so I thought. But just as I was saying goodbye to our friends from Newcastle, Sam and Jane, who had called in after they had visited the Channon Market and Nimbin, (they are staying in their super deluxe campervan at Byron for a few days), a storm hit. Unfortunately it only rained for 15-20 minutes but I'm hoping we got about 5mm. Not the 40mm I was hoping for this weekend, but 5mm is still 5mm.

No comments: