Friday, July 4, 2014

Beautiful day: Saturday 5 July


Absolutely stunning day here today, with temperature climbing to 26 degrees by about 2pm.  My last day before flying out to Singapore tomorrow morning at 9.00am, departing from Coolangatta on Scoot. I spend almost five weeks in Singapore where I'll be watching tourists watch animals at various tourist attractions, captive and wild, before then flying to Brock University in south east Canada, quite near Niagara Falls. I'm there for about 2.5 weeks before I meet Steve in Chicago and we start our Great Big American Adventure: 4 nights in Chicago; 8 nights in New York; 4 nights in Orlando; 4 nights in Vegas; about 6 nights in Vancouver and environs, where we'll spend some time with our friends Dave and Cathie and Harold and Cathy and then five nights in San Francisco and then back home on 2 October. I'll then base myself at home for the rest of the year to write up the results of my Singapore research into a series of paradigm-shifting, cutting edge, journal articles....or um something like that!
I shall hopefully be blogging along the way so a little departure from Larnook will be in order.

No comments: