Saturday, April 11, 2009

Country Whinge (the second in an irregular series)

Only in America, of course. But, the reason for the image is that living in the country means driving along country roads. Which means every so often you make a contribution to road kill statistics. So, we were driving down Cawongla Road around 5.30pm last evening (Saturday) on our way to Glen's place at Dunoon when a red necked wallaby hurled itself in front of us, smashed up the front plastics that masquerades as a bumper bar and then tumbled (hopefully by now, lifelessly) under the car and out the back end. This is my 3rd wallaby in the twelve months I've been living here. It's not that I don't like wallabies. I do. I think they are very cute. It's just that they have absolutely no idea that if they hop out into the middle of the road from the safety of the roadside verge they will die.

No comments: