Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday 26th April: a year and a day since moving up here

Yeah, I moved up here last ANZAC Day. Time has evaporated. Anyhoo, today was a glorious Northern Rivers day, so I packed up the boys (see postings below) in the Vitara and headed across to Bangalow where the market was on today. I also visited this market after dropping Steve off at Coolangatta Airport 12 months ago as he headed back to Newcastle while I started living the rainbow life up here, so it was kinda apt to do it again. We met up with Glen, who had dropped his friend Ian (see posting below) off at Ballina airport at 9am, and spent a few hrs wandering around, watching the people, the buskers and looking at all the wondrous arts, crafts, food and produce. Oh and eating scrummy food and drinking sugar cane juice with a touch of ginger. This guys and girl were excellent performers.Looking across the crowd: colourful marquees, people of all different shapes and sizes, colours and genders. And most with mobile phones.

I made two purchases to mark my one year anniversary: this exquisite gecko and


this painting calld The Peace House. Nice hey. Now where to hang it."Ollie, hand me that stud finder".



No comments: