Tuesday, August 4, 2009

WFH

One of the benefits of working as an academic is that you don't necessarily have to be in your office and on campus to work. Mostly, however, I do go to work, but every so often I like to WFH (work from home). And that is what I've been doing today. Working. From home. It's been a damned beautiful day (yet again) and I've been working on chapters for the reptile park history that I have been writing with a colleague, Nancy Cushing, for the past few years. We've had a bit of a radical change in our approach to the book's format which means paring back the chapters into smaller bite-sized bits of around 4000 words each. Anyway, so I've been doing that. The Man came to put in the doors on our wardrobe today and they look great. [Pic to follow in a few days.]
I'm also slow cooking today. 4 pork chops, some Border Ranges honey. Chicken stock. Curry powder. Onion. Potatoes. Carrots. Been simmering away for 4 hours with another 2ish to go. Smells very delicious. I have also just come back from fetching the mail and I took the opportunity to grab a dozen or so lemons from one of the trees at the bottom end of our paddock. What shall I make?

No comments: