Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lunch with Anton, Abby and their kids

I taught Anton way back in 1992-94 in Newcastle when he was enrolled in the B. Soc. Sc (Recreation and Tourism) degree that I used to teach. We caught up a couple of times over the years but we'd pretty lost touch until I bumped into him at the Rural Buying Service in Lismore almost two years ago. Turned out that he had also moved up here from Sydney and in fact lives in the Billen community about 10 minutes from our place. In fact, his and Abby's place is on the other side of the ridge to the north of our place.
They kindly agreed to give me their bodies for an hour each so I could practice my massage today. Anton fell asleep on the table so I was very happy about that (less so when he used to fall asleep in one of my classes). We had a leisurely lunch while their kids, Jala and Stella, and their friend, Mitchell (Mitchell is in the orange shirt) frolicked in the spa. I'm massaging another two of their friends tomorrow. Still have another 17 hours of massage to do before I head to Brisbane for my assessment in a fortnight.

No comments: