Sunday, April 24, 2011

Walking in the rainforest near Kuranda

OK, so I'm not normally out of synch so much on my blog, but thought I'd add these pics, anyway. I flew up to Cairns for a couple of days on my way to PNG so I could catch up with Peter Krauss who was a great help in writing the book, Snake Bitten. He's also given me my snakes, Kimba the woma, and my two baby rough scaled pythons. So I caught up with Peter on the Friday and then on the Sunday, I went for a walk in a national park near Kuranda with Ryan, a nature lovin-boy from Canada.
He invited his friend, Damien, along as well, and we had a really nice walk through lush tropical rainforest, down to a mountain stream and then up a hill to a lookout with sweeping views across the narrow strip of land that Cairns sprawls out along and out to sea.
Ryan has an unnatural interest in quolls and hopefully he shall be staying with us for a while some time this year.

No comments: