Sunday, July 24, 2011

One of my little quirks

As a kid I used to stand on a poof (the soft furnishings kind) in my grandparents' loungeroom and 'conduct' with a wooden spoon or ruler to the Mario Lanza Christmas album. My conducting behaviour has remained and often if I'm alone at home I'll select out my favourite conducting cd's and just well, conduct to my heart's content.
I was just in the mood for some conducting action so plonked on Elton John's Your Song (the version with the Russian opera singer and the mass choir - it's sublime) and began conducting while Piglet read a magazine. I thought it best to explain this quirky, somewhat possibly off-putting behaviour to him, and described my conducting as 'air guitar for dags'. I made myself giggle...I so infrequently come up with a good line these days that I was really happy with that one. Now off to conduct some more...Bette Midler's All Roads Lead Me Back is beckoning...

2 comments:

Louise said...

That's quite the word picture you've painted there young Kevin!

Mutterings from Maryville said...

I try my best, dear....most of the time my palette seems to be dry and stale...