Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bird List on my way to work

Today marks the 3rd year anniversary of my moving into Maryville@Larnook (Steve moved in at the end of the October long weekend). It's also the birthday of Alexander von Humboldt, the father of modern geography. But I digress. It's such a beautiful morning. I decided to keep a log of the birds I saw as I drove down the Rock Valley component of my drive to work this morning (which is just under 20 minutes of the 35 minute drive). So, this is what I saw, and could identify, in no particular order:
Red Browed Finch
Kookaburra
White faced Heron
Buff Banded Rail
Pheasant Coucal
Willy Wagtail
Eastern Rosella
Magpie
Australian Raven
Fairy Martin
Wood Duck
Masked Lapwing
Cattle Egret

1 comment:

Louise said...

You'll turn into a twitcher yet!