Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Scarlet Honeyeater seen today 14 September

Photo: Alan Fear Photography

Maybe the fact that it's A Special Day, (see postings below) meant that this beautiful little bird came to visit, slurping (very delicately, I have no doubt) the sweet nectar from the Grevillea blossoms now bringing vibrant colour to the Big Bush Garden. To be very honest, I saw this little guy, or one of her/his friends yesterday, but didn't get a chance to look at it close enough to make a positive ID (I know, I know, but I'm a reptile guy, one bird looks like another to me ;-). Anyway, VERY pleased to see this beautiful bird taking advantage of my plantings.

1 comment:

Louise said...

Oh how fabulous it would be to see such a beautiful bird. Seeing new and different birds is great fun, but when they're majestic colours like that- WOW.