Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bushwalk in Border Ranges NP

I took Cal up to the Border Ranges yesterday, leaving pretty soon after we had come back from Kyogle. The warm weather brought out the reptiles (see above posting) which Cal appreciated as much, or almost as much, as me. I'm looking up the guts of a very large antarctic beech tree.
The track, which I've walked about a dozen times, had been badly affected by storms, in parts, and at this point, two large trees had fallen across a fairly steep part of the track, requiring us to climb up the trunk (well actually down) to the roots and then back down on to the track.
Cal loved the trip...all the HelpXers that I have taken on this walk have enjoyed themselves but because Cal gets a big buzz out of nature-stuff, it made the whole trip that much more enjoyable.
Lush
This is an example of the intensity of storms that have lashed this forest over the past few months.

3 comments:

Louise said...

Now that looks amazing- if only there weren't so many snakes about the place!

Mutterings from Maryville said...

lol, there really aren't that many, darl! When you visit I will do my best to keep them away from you...

Alex said...

memories...

:-)