Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wildlife Moment: 5 June

source of image: Museums Victoria www.biodiversitysnapshots.net

As readers of the blog know only too well, our place is a haven for a mob of red necked wallabies that pretty much do what they like, when they like. But I've known that swamp wallabies also occur around here because I've seen a couple of dead ones on the roads close by and I also happened to see two swampies bound across our paddock one afternoon sometime last year. But I had my best swamp wallaby moment on Tuesday morning as I crossed the bridge over our creek on my way to work. And there it was, munching on some grass on the embankment just to the right of the bridge. It looked at me for a few seconds and then bounded upwards to the top of the embankment and stayed there, again maintaining eye contact with me. Fan-bloody-tastic. They are such a beautiful wallaby. Generally solitary unlike the red necks that we share Maryville with. Wallabies that is.

No comments: