Saturday, June 1, 2013

Citrus time


Winter is citrus time here at Larnook, This is a mandarin tree which owes its continued existence to Shane (aka Jukia) who persuaded me to keep it even though it was growing in what became the Big Bush Garden (I wanted to remove it because it isn't a Big Bush Garden kinda plant and because back then it didn't fruit well at all). After four years of improving the soil through the application of how many tonnes of mulch, this tree is now covered in luscious sweet fruit. Our lemons, bush lemons, tangello and limes are all groaning under heavy loads of fruit.  I squeezed myself a zesty drink of tangello and bush lemon for breakfast this morning - I could feel the vitamin C with every gulp.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Oh I remember that one, with the big lemons ^^
Impressive!

Mutterings from Maryville said...

lol, no silly, it's a mandarin tree....it's in the middle of the big bush garden...

so how's things with you? It's looking a bit rough in Paris with all these protests against same sex marriage