Saturday, June 1, 2013

My Western Blueys



These guys are growing like crazy. When I received them in February I think it was, they were about 10cm long.  Now they are over 20cm.  They are feed three to four times a week on a mixture of various fruits (in this feed they are eating mushroom, strawberry, tomato, kiwifruit, lettuce and a dry cat food.  I'll keep them in this plastic tub until spring and then transfer them to their grown up enclosure which will be outside. (However, because they occur in drier climates to ours, they will need to be sheltered from the rain and their enclosure will need to be quite dry).  They also like catching crickets and wood roaches and they are quite voracious predators.
I also have four baby Tasmanian blotched blue tongues which I will feature when they have put on a but more size.

No comments: