Saturday, June 1, 2013

Pics from Tyagarah Lagoon

From time to time I call in at Tyagarah Lagoon which is a paperbark-fringed lagoon five kilometres north of Byron Bay. It's a wonderful place to sit and relax, and it seems to induce mildly creative thoughts in my mind, so I usually feel energised after visiting.  Yesterday after I dropped Cesar and Enrique off at Murwillumbah where they caught their bus to Brisbane, and after I'd called in to Burringbah Rainforest Nursery to buy some grevilleas, I called in here for a little while and I took these photos, before heading back to get on with what ended up being a very full day. (oh and aren't iPhones remarkable things).

 Looking across the water to the western side of the lagoon. Waterlilies flower in late winter. Reflections.
 One of my favourite bankisas, Banksia ericafolia
 The paperbark forest that surrounds the lagoon.  Plenty of birds, and the occasional snake. But no toads, which really intrigues me.  Well I haven't been there at night so maybe there are toads, but the fact that I found a new born red belly black snake suggests the absence of toads.

No comments: