Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Me, president of SNUGS, 1985

So I was on Google Images, and I thought I'd google myself (one of my favourite past-times) to see if there were any new images of me that Google had discovered lately and sure enough, my friend Gregg, who works in the Archives Dept at Uni of Newcastle had uploaded this photo on to their website. It shows me in my important role as President of Society of Newcastle Geography Students, with young Rodney Knight on the left, sandwiching a professor of climatology from Uni of Queensland, whose name escapes me now. What happened to my boyish good looks?? Don't ya love our Australian iconography, brazenly appropriating May Gibbs' Snugglepot and Cuddlepie for our own purposes. Gotta love our slogan though, 'Snuggle up to a Geographer'....

No comments: