Monday, June 8, 2009

Off to Bali

OK, at the risk of being branded a skite, a braggart and whatever else, I feel compelled to let my blogership know that Steve and I, together with Glen, and a colleague and friend from Uni of Wollongong, Gordon, are heading to Bali tomorrow evening, swine flu notwithstandng. Gordon and I are doing some research there, which involves interviewing between 15 and 25 local men, so it's not all holiday, and I've just put my digital recorder into my backpack. I do admit, though, if you have to interview people, doing it in Bali is a very pleasant option.
So I might not be so frequent in my blogging and you will have to wait until I get back for some pics.
The pic above is the pool at Puri Saron in Seminyak, where we stay for the first 7 nights then we head to Ubud for two nights and the final three nights in Pemuteran on the north west coast of Bali (where hardly anyone goes). That's the magic part of the trip, the rest will just be fricking lovely.

No comments: