Saturday, July 4, 2009

Saturday, Beautiful Saturday

Today was absolutely glorious, about 21 degrees, big blue sky that you could dive into and a pure white moon that began rising over the Billen Cliffs at about 4.oopm. Bliss.
After our Saturday morning shop in Kyogle, I spent the day mowing. I saddled up Rita and had spent about 15 minutes on her when she decided enough was enough and she shut down on me. In the the words of the inimitable Lizzie Birdsworth, 'she can be a real b, that one'. So, luckily our Rover hand mower is a real little trooper and I spent most of the day pushing that around. I'll probably need another 4 hrs tomorrow to finish the job off. Luckily the grass has slowed right down so won't need another mow for another 3-4 weeks (hopefully).
Steve spent much of the day sawing and planing timber for the window in the kitchen and he's now cooking his world famous spag bol.
Little Miss Clucky is now in solitary confinement for a few days so that her maternal instincts wear off a bit. She's not all that happy about it, but what can you do.
Winter is thistle time so I took great delight in mowing down the baby thistles that were starting to emerge. No cane toads now as the nights are too cold but I did see a blue faced honey-eater and a solitary yellow tailed black cocky today. Oh and the wallabies of course. No doubt they will sulk for a few days once they find out I've mown down their best grazing lands. They won't appreciate the new growth that I'm actually encouraging. They aren't that good at figuring stuff like that out, actually.

No comments: