Friday, November 18, 2011

rough scaled snake: 19 November

This is really a record note for me (and the handful of other readers who are interested in snakes). I found a dead rough scaled snake, about 70cm, nicely banded, on the road to Cawongla, about 2kms from our place. Judging by the smell, it had been dead a day or two (Steve almost puked when I attempted to take it home - it was quickly jettisoned from the car!). Most likely killed on Thursday evening.
I took Cal up this afternoon to have a look at it and we also found a dead and beautiful yellow faced whip snake on Martin's Road, just 50 metres or so up from the bridge.

2 comments:

Louise said...

I went to a snake talk during the week, and heard of rough scale snakes for the first time- and now here you are mentioning them! Gotta love serendipity, even if you really don't like snakes.

Mutterings from Maryville said...

lol.....I hope the snake talk quelled your fears of things ophidian, Louise!