Sunday, May 27, 2012

Late afternoon on Hanging Rock Creek


Today began quite cold. So cold that I had my dressing gown over my trackydax and jumper (yep, a pretty good look) while I spent the morning marking 1st year essays. By the time I'd spent 4 hours doing this, I was ready for some physical work. So I spent the afternoon planting, weeding and collecting some stones from the 'beach' of stones and rocks that the creek has deposited during the last big flood earlier this year and carting them up to one of our gardens. I took this pic at about 3.30 this afternoon. The day had warmed up and it was very enjoyable to be doing a bit of hard, physical work.  I love that we have Hanging Rock (or Leycester Creek, take your pick, I prefer Hanging Rock) as one of our boundaries. I just wish we had platypus in the creek.

No comments: