Sunday, July 28, 2013

Mixed NT pics#4

 This is a 5m+ estuarine crocodile that was prowling in the Adelaide River about 50 minutes from Darwin.
 I stayed at the LakeView Park Campground, in Jabiru, which is the small township kinda in the middle of Kakadu National Park. These 'tents' are really excellent, very well designed and give you the sense of staying in an upmarket tent. But budget priced - indeed the cheapest night of my entire trip at $110.00/night.
 Wangi Falls on the western edge of Litchfield National Park - a perfect place to cool off. Freshwater crocs occur here but any salties which occasionally turn up after the wet season are removed...hopefully!
 And another perfect cooling off place - the Cascades, which are a series of rock holes along a stream, again on the western edge of Litchfield National Park. Red tailed black cockatoos were flying around and landing in the trees, while I spooked a Merten's water monitor (very easy to do) as I approached the stream.
 Another safari-style tent accommodation, this time at Litchfield Safari Camp, on the western edge of Litchfield National Park. Located a few kms from Wangi Falls and just one km from the Cascades. $150.00/night - but just stayed one night, my last night on my trip.
The sun sets over the Timor Sea from East Point Reserve, Darwin, on my first night.

No comments: