Sunday, July 14, 2013

Top End Next Weeek

I won't be blogging next weekend as I'll be having my Thelma and Louise (without Louise) week in Darwin and surrounds. I'm taking ten days of rec leave and spending seven of them in the NT. Steve is all-to-focussed on his costuming so he can't come, so I'm spending this time having some 'me' time. And being in the Top End to do that, is just super. I've only been up there once, about 5 or 6 years ago, but I loved it. So I'm looking forward to the heat. The crocodiles. The snakes (of course). Snorkelling the crystal clear billabongs and rivers of Litchfield National Park. Exploring some other national parks, whether down at Katherine or Kakadu. Seeing a blood-red sun setting at the infinity edge of the Arafura Sea.
And all I'm taking is carry-on luggage, so I can get off the plane and just keep walking straight out of the airport. Let the adventure begin!
I promise to have some great posts (with pics) in ten days or so.

No comments: