Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Creek still high

So I managed to get home yesterday afternoon around 5ish; the creek was just under the bridge. As I said yesterday, the creek peaked at 1.5m, but this morning, while it was still over the bridge, it was only at 0.2m. We've had constant rain overnight, but only 38mm of it. However, I won't be leaving home today as it's likely the creek will continue rising. I do have a class up at Tweed Heads this morning but I can do a teleconference as there are only three students in that group (they are Masters students).

2 comments:

Dr. Mieke said...

The rain in Spain falls mainly on .....
the ground!!

Like you I'm staying home Kevin. It's just too dicey to go out: I'm not sure I would be able to get home. I have a Master's class at Tweed (about 12 students there) but I'll do a class with them using Elluminate Live. Good ol' wireless, webcam, microphone and ICT. It wouldn't have been thinkable ten years ago, hey?

Mutterings from Maryville said...

it certainly would have been, Mieke...I used a rather less sophisticated method with my 3 students this morning and just did a phone conference but it worked reasonably well

stay dry, dearest