Sunday, January 1, 2012

First day of a new year

Well actually I'm writing this on the 2 January but the date thingie on this seems to be set to US time, so if I write it today it will come up as January 1. Go figure.

The Tropical Fruits Party was the best of the 4 we have been to, with a wonderful boppy, handbag dance set from 11 through to 3. The next set was a bit heavier but still good to dance to and we stayed until 5am, getting home in bed at 6am. The Happy High Herbs seemed to do their magic, so that was good as well.

Yesterday ie January 1, at about 8am, I took a walk down to the bridge and half way down McGuinness Road a very healthy looking adult fox shining orange in the morning sun casually made it's way across the road and into our paddock. This is the first live fox I've seen here and only the second in total (the other being a fox cub that had been run over near our letter box). When Cal and I went night spotting we twice saw mother foxes and their cubs foraging along the edge of the roads we were driving along. I also saw a grey goshawk fly up and sit in a tree near the creek, which was a much better observation.

No comments: