Saturday, January 7, 2012

Grasses...an idea

I planted some native grasses around the edge of the deck on which the hot tub sits and they now look lovely. I love the way the grasses wave in just the slightest of breezes and they look lush and give a different texture to this garden from our others. And so today, I was looking out at them, thinking that I'd done good, when it occurred to me that maybe I could start growing native grasses commercially. Just small scale of course to begin with, but perhaps there is a germ of an idea here. Virtually no start-up costs, and the grasses themselves are robust and grow very quickly. Now to convince Steve that spending our Sundays selling grasses at the markets will be a really fun thing to do...

7 comments:

Alex said...

wow !
Were they the one I mulched around or did you plant some more since ?
Looks good Kevin !

Mutterings from Maryville said...

heya Alex, yeah they are the ones you mulched. They've grown heaps haven't they!
Thanks so much for the postcard, Alex!! It was very sweet....and we miss you too, buddy :-)

FROGHOLLOW-OUR-HOME said...

It looks really pretty there.

Louise said...

The grasses do look great. We've got some grasses down the back, not sure which ones, very big, the red browed finches love them. Are you still contemplating becoming a grass grower?

Erica said...

hiya K - they look beautiful! but what will we do without at SCU if you take up native grass selling as your new career?? E

Antoine said...

Actually Kev, Louis & I planted the grass ;)

Mutterings from Maryville said...

oops you did too, Antoine and Louis! Apologies there!...I cant remember what I've done and what HelpXers have done :-) Hope you guys are well.