Monday, January 23, 2012

Currently flooded....out!

Will I get home tonight or won't I? That my friends, is the question. At about 2.00pm the creek was 1.5 metres above the bridge and I await further intelligence from Steve who, luckily, is at home, to let me know if the creek will have receded for me to cross. Our friend, and also my colleague, Erica, who also reads this blog - hi Erica, lives further up the catchment and she was unable to come to work this morning, although she did tell me this afternoon that her creek has now dropped. I can stay with friends in Lismore without any problem, but will need to go to Woolies and buy a new shirt and stuff.
Things could be interesting on Thursday, however, when we are supposed to be picking up our Icelander HelpXers from Ballina airport. It looks like the rain is hanging around for a few days, so could be flooded again.

2 comments:

Erica said...

ha ha - I hadn't checked your blog in AGES, and there was your post! I am hoping you got home? 'Our' creek (which is also yours!) has receded quite a lot, so I can get out now unless it rains another 60 mm tonight. TAke care on the roads tomorrow .....
BTW - I am very jealous about Mary Poppins, and so is Miss Maya - forgot to ask how that was!

Mutterings from Maryville said...

Hiya E,
yes got home OK, the water was just under the bridge, but drove down to the bridge a few minutes ago and the creek is over again, so won't be going anywhere today. We've had constant rain all night, but not a deluge.
Yes, MP was very good ;-)