Monday, January 30, 2012

An Icelandic Concern

Around midday today my mobile went off and it was our house number phoning through. 'Hmmmm" I thought, "what has happened at home that is creating grief for Artie and Sigga?". And immediately my brain started sending 'high alert, high alert' signals to my various bodily systems. Luckily, Artie was phoning to report a 'very large snake' that had taken up prime position in the chookery. Resisting the evil temptation to respond with 'OK, well Artie, the life of all the chooks is in your hands now....matey, you are going to have to catch it....I'll talk you through it, it will be OK', I reassured him that it was harmless and would have been sleeping off the night's catch of rats (after having established that Terryaki, the bantam rooster, was still alive and licking.
We've seen this fella before and i'm happy that it is content to feast on the rats.

1 comment:

Dr. Mieke said...

Heh :-)
This should reassure Artie (...or not ...)

http://tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/pythons.html