Sunday, March 25, 2012

Eco-success

Woo hoo..what a wonderful sight greeted me when I was having a walk through the Big Bush Garden late this afternoon. I hadn't had a proper walk through since before I flew out to Hawaii and to my great delight I discovered that we now have a resident satin bower bird who has constructed his sticky love platform just under one of my favourite plants, the Australian mint bush. At present he has only included one blue object together with a small spray of flowers from a wild tobacco plant, but with time I'm sure his bower will be festooned in blue.
I get such a thrill from this - it's great to think that this bower bird thinks so much of my bush garden that he wanted to locate his bower here. So good, so nice.

3 comments:

Louise said...

That is SO fantastic. Must be such a thrill. I'd leave some milk bottle caps about for him.

Mutterings from Maryville said...

lol,oh yes, this bower bird is going to be spoiled for choice....he'll be very glad he made such a wise decision...but yeah it's just a really nice feeling that as a result of my creating this bush garden that I now have a happy courting bowerbird move in...

Dr. Mieke said...

Lovely!! What an accolade, Kevin!