Monday, March 5, 2012

Mardi Gras pics

We spent most of the night dancing in the RHI, the Royal Hall of Industries. This is our usual habitat at Mardi Gras. We tried to stay about 5 metres in front of the mirror ball looking towards the stage. Various friends drifted past us or stayed with us throughout the night including Mr and Mrs White Trash and Grant and Kelly.
Colour and movement and uplifting vocals....hmm I think Kylie was there somewhere
The balloon drop at the end of Kylie's performance, which ended at 2.30am (we left at the end of the party at 8am - yep we still got it)
just some happy punters with their hands in the air....

2 comments:

Louise said...

I have no idea how you young folks do it! Those were the days....It does still look fabulous fun though.

Mutterings from Maryville said...

actually I think I went to my first dance party with you, Louise...Erwin and I went hmm I can't remember what they parties used to be called but it was held at the Hordern Pavillion. This would have been 1989 and you were living in Sydney.