Saturday, April 27, 2013

A swamp wallaby PS to my post below

Shane and I were enjoying the view from the back verandah this morning around 8.30 and I was chatting to him about my early morning walk when a swamp wallaby hopped into our direct view, into the boys' paddock.  Here I was reflecting on how infrequently we get to see this beautiful species of wallaby when one appears right in front of me!  So, from what I can recall this morning's sighting brings the total of swamp wallaby sightings here at Maryvillle to five.  So a rare treat, indeed.

1 comment:

Dr. Mieke said...

Lovely! Swamp wallabies are more common here in Clunes than any other. I don't know why. But as you know we used to spot a pair of pretty-faced wallabies. Alas, this last year we have only seen the one. I'm sure it was indeed the partner that was killed on the road. I wonder every time, when I see the remaining wallaby on its own, how will it ever get another partner? It's sad ... there are fewer and fewer wallabies (of all types) around Clunes. The traffic has a lot to answer for :-(