Sunday, April 21, 2013

My 'blotchies' settle into their new home

 I liberated my two alpine blotched blue tongues into their new enclosure on Saturday and they spent much of the day (which was gloriously sunny and warm) investigating their new home, slithering under the log, nosing their way through the leaf mulch and entering their special water-proof hide-aways that I had made from plastic cake boxes and buried under the ground. Alpine blue tongues are brightly coloured pink, red and yellow and the colour of these guys is much brighter in real life than the photo suggests.
 Anyway, it was wonderful to see them in their bushy habitat home, although I suspect they won't often be out once the days turn a little cooler. It will be lovely to see them again in spring, however.
I finished landscaping the second of my three lizard enclosures on Saturday, once more to go.  I was very happy with how this one turned out. Not sure what I shall keep in it, though yet...maybe land mullet, maybe major skinks, maybe another type of blue tongue.

No comments: