Thursday, April 25, 2013

Five Years in the Northern Rivers


Today is the 5th anniversary of my moving to the Northern Rivers.

Steve and I drove up with our Suzuki Vitara packed full of essentials (including my four Gillen's pygmy monitors, two pilbara smooth knob tailed geckos and Kimba, the woma python) on a fairly wet, cool, day, arriving at my friend and colleague, Mieke's place around 8pm (after picking up a badly needed unwooded chardonnay at a rowdy bottle shop in Ballina).
Time has flown!
I spent today enjoying the gorgeous weather. I took it easy and slow. I landscaped my remaining lizard enclosure. I swung in the hammock stretched out under one of the mango trees. I took time to enjoy the fact that I am alive and I live at a beautiful place. And for a huge number of reasons, I am just really fortunate.

5 comments:

David Once of Newcastle said...

Congratulations - a splendid change that fits you like a glove. I always enjoy the pictures and text - very evocative, that recent account of your early morning walk. Almost worked better without images. Five more years plus!

Mutterings from Maryville said...

Thanks, David....you must be my Number 1 fan :-)

Louise said...

Five years already- I can't believe it. What a lovely post of thankfulness.

Dr. Mieke said...

I agree Louise: a lovely post. I do enjoy your blog Kevin. I am delighted that you and Steve have taken so well to Life in Larnook (not that I ever doubted, I hasten to say!!). And yes, as DOoN says, "Five more years plus!"

micha said...

Happy Anniversary, Kevin (and Steve)! What a wonderful piece of paradise you have bought, created and shaped! I thoroughly enjoy reading your blogs, so keep them coming ;-) xxx