Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bits and pieces

It's rather warm today - I'd say it pushed a little over 30 at midday and I'm sitting here at 3.00pm shirtless and under a fast-churning ceiling fan. Steve has gone down to Newcastle/Central Coast/Sydney for the coming week and will be doing some preliminary work on costume design for The Boy from Oz which Metropolitan Players in Newcastle is producing this year. They are all very excited that Steve agreed to design the costumes remotely.
Kerry and Jack visited us last week for two nights and kindly did a bit of yard work as well. They also admired the carpet python that was enjoying the sun amongst the pumpkin vine. It returned to the same spot four days running - I got to see it on Saturday morning - but it wasn't around this morning. It had milky eyes so it will be shedding in a couple of days.
I'm relieved that Kimba my woma python broke his 8 week fast today and consumed three small rats. These are much smaller food items than he should be eating but he just turns his little snakey nose up at the adult rats I have been offering him.
And I so hate weeds!

No comments: