Sunday, April 18, 2010

Now it's not like me to complain but really...

Is there a potato shortage that I'm unaware of? Would you believe that this amounts to $4.00 worth of chips from Cawongla Store, which is 5 minutes up the Cawongla Road from our place. I tell you what, you city folk...we might have fresh air and clear skies in the country but boy do we pay a price for chips! I didn't count them, cos that would have made me crankier. I think we might have to try Wadeville which is a further five minutes up the Murwillumbah Road next time. Lucky we no longer buy take away chips as we once did when we were urbanites.

3 comments:

Andy said...

I agree. If I get chips from the corner shops, I expect BIG and fluffy in the middle and crispy on the outside. Who doesn't love proper fish and chips. Especially with vinegar and tartar sauce. Yummy.

Mutterings from Maryville said...

and a lot of them, Andy! Try mayo and satay sauce as well....

FROGHOLLOW-OUR-HOME said...

Well, you are going to the wrong place!
There is a really good fish & chip shop at Umina! It's the BLUE ONE not that mumma's kitchen one.